Counselling/Therapy Terms & Conditions
We value our clients & psychologists alike and want our clients to make the most out of the time in every session. For this, the client’s attendance is important and we have strict policy against frequent absenteeism or late-coming. All clients must be well versed with the Terms & Conditions that have been written keeping in mind the best interest of the clients. By making a booking or payment (on our website, Practo, phone, email or through any other medium) clients imply that they agree to these Terms & Conditions, which are as follows:
1. Clients who come in late for the appointment, will get only the remaining time of the session. The payment will remain that of one hour.
2. In case, the client wants to extend their session, the extension is subject to availability of the psychologist.
3. In case, the client wants to take up more than 5-10 minutes of the next session, this is subject to additional charges, as per session rates.
4. 24 Hour Cancellation Policy: If a client wishes to cancel their appointment, they must do so at least 24 hours prior to the appointment time. Any cancellation done after that will be chargeable amounting to fees for one session. The client must make this payment before their next session at Gyandeep Centre.
5. Suicide, or ending one’s own life, is a tragic event with strong emotional repercussions for its survivors & for families of its victims. Every therapist’s attempt is to prevent such an unfortunate event from occurring. However, it is an impulsive act & under such unpredictable circumstances, a therapist or Gyandeep Guidance and Counselling Services for Counselling & Wellbeing cannot be held liable for it. It is important to note that Gyandeep Guidance and Counselling Services Centre is not a crisis intervention center & therefore does not provide emergency services. Services are rendered only during the scheduled sessions. Clients who have an emergency must use local & available emergency resources’.
6. Everything that happens in our therapy session remains confidential between us, with the following exceptions:
- We will discuss aspects of our work in supervision with another qualified clinical psychologist, but your identity will remain protected.
- When required by law, which is very rare, we may contact another medical professional and/or your emergency contact if we believe you are likely to cause serious injury to yourself or others. We may do this without consultation with you if you are not in a position to discuss other options with me.
- The administration & Practo will have your name & number for the purposes of scheduling.
Telle-Communication/Web Based Services Terms & Conditions
- Since it is an internet based tele-mental health service it is imperative to know that complete confidentiality may not be ensured due to logistical limitations. However, as a part of our ethical practice, it will be our attempt to strive for complete confidentiality. Feel free to further address this with the psychologist during the session.
- A thorough informed consent at the start of services shall be performed.
- The consent will include all information contained in the consent process for therapeutic care including discussion of the structure and timing of services, record keeping, scheduling, privacy, potential risks, confidentiality, mandatory reporting, and billing. In addition, the informed consent process will include information specific to the nature of video call/telephonic conversation. The information shall be provided in language that can be easily understood by the client.
- The following will be addressed with the client : the potential for technical failure, procedures for coordination of care with other professionals; a protocol for contact between sessions; and conditions under which telemental health services may be terminated and a referral made to in-person care.
- The consent will either be taken through electronic signatures, manually signed printout of the consent form, or a verbal consent obtained during the session from the client.
- Since our in-person operations are temporarily suspended, online mode of payment for the session fee is preferred. We will share the various transaction details with you while booking the appointment.
- In event of equipment failure or technical glitches, the session timings will be adjusted and no extra charges shall be incurred. This can further be discussed with your psychologist.
- In case, the client wants to extend their session, the extension is subject to availability of the psychologist.
- In case, the client wants to take up more than 5-10 minutes of the next session, this is subject to additional charges, as per session rates.
- 24 Hour Cancellation Policy: If a client wishes to cancel their appointment, they must do so at least 24 hours prior to the appointment time. Any cancellation done after that will be chargeable amounting to fees for one session. The client must make this payment before their next session at Gyandeep Centre.
- Psychologists shall maintain an electronic record for each patient for whom they provide remote services. Such a record will include an assessment, client identification information, contact information, history, treatment plan, informed consent, and information about fees and billing.